Losing weight through diet is very much possible.
But let me tell you that diet does not mean eating very very less.
Dieting is always associated with eating less in the mindset of the general population.
However, Dieting means to keep a good watch on your calorie intake and the macros.
It’s important that we do not end up with too many carbohydrates,have adequate protein and good amounts of fat.We should also include vitamins ,minerals,fibre in our diet.
Now , the next question is what to eat when you are trying to lose weight.
- start your day with a glass of lukewarm water with lemon .
- Do not start your day with Tea or coffee. The body needs a nutritious diet first thing in the morning.Tea and coffee works as appetite suppressant.
- Your breakfast should consist of a good amount of complex carbohydrates, protein and fat. You can start your day with an omelette with veggies or moong dosa or Oats with veggies or cheese chilla
- Your lunch should consist of a big bowl of salad, dal, green vegetables/paneer/egg/lean meat. Try to keep simple carbohydrates to minimum again.You should prepare your dal with lots of veggies like bottle gourd and cucumber.Have a good salad consisting of sprouted moong,boiled sprouted bengal gram,cucumber,carrot,beetroot.you can include broccoli methi paneer tikki which is tasty as well as nutritious.
- Keep your dinner light and take it early. Either you can include green veggie salad, sprouted moong tadka, spinach,tandoori paneer or lean meat.You can include masala cheese in your dinner.It’s tasty and nutritious .
- Include a good amount of protein in your diet.take 0.7g of paneer for every kg of your weight.Include legumes,soya chunks, eggs,cottage cheese,sprouted moong etc..
- Include a good amount of good fats in your diet.Include ghee(under your macro),walnuts,avocado,coconut oil,cheese,lean meat etc..
- Eat complex carbohydrates only.Eat sweet potato,Oats,beans, whole grain bread.
- Stay away from three white evils. Sugar,salt and refined flour.
- take one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar twice a day before your major meals.
- At Least mix two spoons of flaxseed in your meals or you can take it separately.
- Drink 4 to 5 litres of water everyday.
Yes. It is very well accepted that you lose weight more effectively and quickly through diet over exercise. But there is also evidence that when you work on both sides of the equation the odds of sustaining the weight loss go up significantly.
When you lose weight only through a dietary deficiency, independent from adopting a more active lifestyle including regular exercise, the results will have less health benefits than a combination of both.
If you are 15,%, 20%, 30% or more above your ideal weight, any weight loss will produce an improvement to your biometrics, i.e., cholesterol, glucose, LDL, triglycerides, etc. and of course that will come with healthy benefits. But the changes to your body composition will be greatly reduced due to what type of weight you are losing, your metabolism with slow down instead of speeding up (due the ratios of fat and muscle loss that comes with any weight loss) and you have not in any way improved your levels of fitness – flexibility, strength, cardiovascular and respiratory conditioning, resting metabolism rate, etc. Additionally, you will need to continually reduce the caloric deficit to continue losing weight.
A slight reduction in calories combined with exercise can help to preserve and even add muscle, which results in a faster metabolism which requires that you eat MORE to sustain the muscle growth and increased energy expenditure; your metabolism becomes more efficient requiring less insulin to metabolize your macronutrients; and your body more easily uses the energy from your diet and removes the byproducts.
So,you are gaining far more health benefits and sustained weight loss through a combination of diet and exercise.
Having said that I am a strong believer that whatever way you can achieve a healthy weight is better than not trying at all. So, good luck.